Environmental Management Systems Standard
ISO 14001 is an international standard that specifies a process for controlling and improving a company’s environmental performance.
Having an environmental management system in place is a way to ensure that you continually consider all aspects of your business operations and how they impact on the environment - enabling you to take steps that reduce and minimise any negative impact.
This includes the use of natural resources, the handling and treatment of waste and also energy consumption.
ISO 14001 is designed to help you control and reduce your impact on the environment, as well as ensure your legal compliance.
Having an environmental management system such as ISO 14001 in place can also help to:
- Provide a framework that clearly identifies the impact of your business operations on the environment
- Set and measure environmental objectives
- Reduce costs and wastage within your organisation
- Identify and work within environmental legislation relevant to your business
- Set objectives for improvement and have the effective systems, processes, resources and responsible individuals in place to continually monitor and improve
- Provide an opportunity to promote your environmental credentials, raising your profile with customers, the local community and employees
- Give assurances that you are a responsible business by taking steps to protect and fulfil obligations to the environment
Whether you are working with the ‘2004’ or ‘2015’ version of the standard, we can offer advice, support and guidance to help you explore ISO 14001 - giving you confidence that your investment is linked to your business performance and ambition.
From gap analysis to packages of implementation support, we can also help you to explore your organisational culture and behaviours to make sure your systems and why you are introducing them are understood and valued by all.
If certification is also a goal, we can also help by referring you to a UKAS accredited certification body.
If you would like to explore ISO 14001 in more detail, how it can support your business performance and the services we can offer to help, get in touch.
We also offer a wider Energy and Environmental Healthcheck that can support your work with ISO 14001 and ensure you are using resources as efficiently as possible.