BS OHSAS 18001
Occupational Health & Safety Management Systems
Workplace health and safety is a key consideration for organisations of all sizes and sectors, particularly those in ‘higher risk’ sectors such as construction, manufacturing or process engineering.
Aside from the requirement to comply with relevant legislation, many companies are introducing a structured health and safety management system as part of their overall health, safety and risk management strategies.
BS OHSAS 18001 is one such system. Widely recognised, it aims to promote a safe and healthy working environment, allowing you to consistently identify and control risks with a focus on:
- Planning for hazard identification, risk assessment and risk control including structure and responsibility
- Emergency preparedness and response
- Training, awareness and competence
- Operational control
BS OHSAS 18001 will help you to promote a safe and healthy working environment and in turn help to reduce the potential for accidents. It will also help you to stay legal.
Other benefits and opportunities of working with the standard can also include:
- Continually improve existing Health & Safety policies and management systems
- Minimise risk to your employees
- Demonstrate diligence to your stakeholders and customers
- Give assurances that your organisation is a good employer by doing all it can to provide a safe and healthy working environment
We can offer advice, support and guidance to help you explore BS OHSAS 18001, giving you confidence that your investment in the standard is linked to your business performance and ambition.
From gap analysis to packages of implementation support, we can also help you to explore your organisational culture and behaviours to make sure your systems and why you are introducing them are understood and valued by all.
If certification is also a goal, we can also help by referring you to a UKAS accredited certification body.
If you would like to explore BS OHSAS 18001 in more detail, how it can support your business performance and the services we can offer to help, get in touch.